• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession with intent to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tommybridges

I go to school in Virginia and the cops were called to my room for an odor of marijuana. They said they were going to search my room so I decided to just cooperate and give them what I was in possession of. I had a scale and about 2 grams of weed, but the 2 g's were in separate bags and. There were 3 different bags, one had about a half g of mids and the other two were were the same weed- just separated because one bag was shake and the other was a nice bud I was saving. He asked why I had the scale and I told him it was to make sure I wasn't getting shorted. Afterwards the cops searched my room and found no more weed and no distribution bags were found. Honestly the weed wasn't for sell, but do I have enough to prove myself? My question is can I still be charged with intent to sell even though it was such a small amount?

FlyingRon

You're in deep trouble. You need a lawyer. The scale and individual packages are enough to convict you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">