• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of joint & paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snowey

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Hi,my 18 yr. old son was arrested for possession of a joint and paraphernalia.He has never been in trouble before.He has basically been a good kid,he works and goes to a vocational school.We are very upset and disappointed in him,we hope he learns from this.He has told me that he does not want to live his life this way.So what should he do now?Will he spend any time in jail or will he have to just pay the fines?Should he get a lawyer?Does this go on his record as being convicted or just an arrest?Thank you for any advice!

calatty

He is very unlikely to do jail time. He might be able to avoid a conviction on his record through drug diversion or some other program. It is never a good idea to go to court for a criminal offense without being represented by a lawyer.

H

hmmbrdzz

HELLTACO said:
]

It ain't all dat bigga deal, dez days fer ta get busted wit some pot. I did an' I turn'd out ok. Make chure da yedge knows he gots people wat love him and tink heza good kid an alla dat.
My response: Now that's some good old fashioned hot sauce that's good to me.

hmmbrdzz

JETX

ChillTaco is just ANOTHER of reincarnation of the forum troll.....
What a total jackass!

Snowey

Thank you calatty for your response!
I guess the other posts have some kind of brain disorder because I could not understand a word they posted.
I have taught my children to live right and take care of their bodies.and that alcohol and drugs will mess up their minds and MAKE THEM STUPID!So I know that my son is learning a big lesson from this situation.He truly desires to live a better life.so thanks for your advice ,he will contact legal aid.BTW all people from Louisiana are not cajun,but I sure love all the spicy foods!

S

Son_of_Spam

You didn't say what kind of paraphernalia. Glass pipes and needles or cigarette papers and wire clips?

H

hmmbrdzz

Snowey I didn't mean to divert from your thread or not give further advice other than Calatty had already given. It's just that Helltaco had been cutting up all over the boards, and his advice here was, in contrast, kind of "on target". Your son very likely will not spend time in jail. Hopefully he has already gotten legal aid. If he gets an attorney, the attorney may be able to do just what Calatty suggested. If he doesn't get an attorney, it will be very important for him to be humble in front of the judge; to address the judge as "your Honor", and -- if given the chance to talk -- always start with "your Honor", and then he can be apologetic for what he did, and then he can ask if he can advise your honor what he has done to attempt to improve his life and to keep drugs out of, and (if he wants to avoid a conviction record), he can ask the judge if there is a program he can be ordered to complete that will allow him to avoid a conviction. He needs to be dressed neatly when he appears; he needs to be very respectful when speaking to the judge, and he needs to give the judge eye contact and never interrupt. That's the best I can tell you!

hmmbrdzz

H

hmmbrdzz

I don't do deez faces often, buts I gottsa :D cuz I know doze refried beans and dat can of spamz is gittin reeeeee hots about now cuz daze on day way to hell.

hmmbrrddza

H

hmmbrdzz

JETX said:
HomeGuru....
Do you want to kick off Hummer for his 'alter ego' HellTaco, or should I??
My response: (I ain't ever gonna get out of here today!) Oh come on Jetx. Surely you know who the real HellTaco Mu-cha-cho is? Ahlee, Mixim, perhaps Zappy, or Son of Spam and of now of Slam. And to think -- a few months back Halkut thought I needed to take my "feel good advice" and go to Oprha.com with the homophobic Ahlee. I guess one can now assume hmmbrdzz didn't go, who -- by the way -- isn't a "his". She's a

BYE!

hmmbrdzz

JETX

"My response: (I ain't ever gonna get out of here today!)"
*** Don't ever think you 'aint subject to gettin' out of here'!! You are.

"Oh come on Jetx. Surely you know who the real HellTaco Mu-cha-cho is? Ahlee, Mixim, perhaps Zappy, or Son of Spam and of now of Slam."
*** Sorry, according to ISP records, Taco was NOT the same person!!

"And to think -- a few months back Halkut thought I needed to take my "feel good advice" and go to Oprha.com with the homophobic Ahlee."
*** Yep, and anytime you start that same crap with the ebonics or crappy 'type style', you are subject to being booted. Keep it normal here and you might get the pleasure of staying. But, start that feel good or 'slang' and see what happens.

"I guess one can now assume hmmbrdzz didn't go, who -- by the way -- isn't a "his". She's a

BYE!"
*** Are you really saying that you are BI????

And don't assume that you are still here means you are on solid ice.... cause that ice might just melt or develop cracks!!

H

hmmbrdzz

JETX said:
"My response: (I ain't ever gonna get out of here today!)"
*** Don't ever think you 'aint subject to gettin' out of here'!! You are.

"Oh come on Jetx. Surely you know who the real HellTaco Mu-cha-cho is? Ahlee, Mixim, perhaps Zappy, or Son of Spam and of now of Slam."
*** Sorry, according to ISP records, Taco was NOT the same person!!

"And to think -- a few months back Halkut thought I needed to take my "feel good advice" and go to Oprha.com with the homophobic Ahlee."
*** Yep, and anytime you start that same crap with the ebonics or crappy 'type style', you are subject to being booted. Keep it normal here and you might get the pleasure of staying. But, start that feel good or 'slang' and see what happens.

"I guess one can now assume hmmbrdzz didn't go, who -- by the way -- isn't a "his". She's a

BYE!"
*** Are you really saying that you are BI????

And don't assume that you are still here means you are on solid ice.... cause that ice might just melt or develop cracks!!

My response: I don't even know what an ISP record is and wouldn't know how to change my name if someone pasted instructions here on how to do it. Why do you appear so upset and so serious at my attempt at a "funny" that Hell Taco (or Son of Spam / Slam) was getting ready to be sent to Hell for his "coming back"? And no, I didn't mean to say that I'm "bi". nor Bipolar, either. "BYE" meant "Good-bye", as in -- I was running late and had to get out of here. When I said "She's a ____" (and left it blank), I thought you would enjoy filling in the blank by saying "She's a b*tch", as in a FEMALE dog. And you say keep it "normal" here and don't give anymore "feel good" advice and I'll be OK, huh? Thanks. I needed that reassurance.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">