• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

METHODMan

What is the name of your state, New York

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible for an individual to be charged if their fingerprints were recovered from a bag of narcotics that was apprehended by police officer?

My friend had unknowingly opened pre-sealed baggies for one of his cousins a couple of days ago, without the knowledge that they were going to be stuffed with marijuana. He had come to me about it last night, all stressed out and such. If, for example, my cousin's friend was to be caught selling one of those baggies, would the baggie(s) be examined for fingerprints. Since my friend hasn't gotten into legal trouble and hasn't had his fingerprints recorded, would his set of fingerprints, the ones that are unknown to the police, be put on record and if he were to really get into trouble be able to connect him to the drug and whatever he did? Any advice or comments would be very appreciated.

Thanks

The Occultist

Your friend should go to the police and explain that his cousin has drugs that he came across. That's usually the best way to deny involvement with the drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">