• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tx.
In April I was charged with a Possession of Marijuana under 2 oz. and Paraphernalia. Now initially when the cop first pulled me over, for not having a front license plate, he asked me to step out of the car. After that he asked me if I had any drugs, large amounts of cash, or guns in the car, I responded with no. He then asked if he could search the car, I told him no. He then pushed me aside and told me he was searching the car. I said loudly "I said No!" I then repeated that one more time as he walked to my car and opened my car door, pulled my passenger out of my car then began the search. In the end we both got arrested with the same possession and paraphernalia charges. Now long story short four months later it's a week from the court date and I asked my attorney repeatedly to get the tape of the arrest and finally I got a call from my attorney this morning. They said that the city either won't release the tape, or they lost it; so my Possession charges are now dismissed. I'm assuming my paraphernalia will soon follow. Now I had spend money on bail, getting my car out of the impound lot since they towed it, and also money on the attorney. I'm guessing the city realized the search probably was illegal. Is there any way to get them to have to pay for all of the expenses I had to pay due to them? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

what nobody can help me? the police tried to take advantage of me and the situation and now they dropped the charges is there no way to get compensation for this?

walker

Just Be happy

Look, you got caught with grass and pipes in your car in Texas. The case against you has been dropped and you want to get money back out of this. Cut your losses and don't drive around with grass in the future.

xylene

Why was your bail not returned?

I think you mean your bond. You wouldn't have gotten the bond back in any outcome.

The impound fee was justified - you were arrested and towed.

I feel you, but the reality is you played it smart by not consenting. Case dismissed.\

Oh, your lawyer... are you kidding? The govt. is not reimbursing that.
People found innocent don't even get that. :rolleyes:

monroe00

this is off subject but how long did it take for them to send you a notice in the mail of a court date?? i also think you are very lucky the charges got dropped, there are plenty that would love to be in your shoes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">