• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LNOTTO1004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

This is my Story:

So i was hanging out over at my friends house and things got out of control. Some of my friends were shooting heroin and one ended up passing out, so i took this guy to the hospital. I ended up leaving town for the beach for a day and when i returned the police were at my house. The police told me that the guy i took the the hospital the previous night had overdosed again. They also told me that all my friends were saying that i was the one who sold him the dope. They wanted to search my bedroom and my car for heroin. I told them no because it was my parent's house and they weren't home at the time. Then they told me if i didnt let them search my house they would be back with a search warrant. I didn't want to get in trouble with my parents so i let them search my room and car. I told them up front that i had a Grinder and a couple bowls. The only reason i had these things was because they were gifts from my friend who passed away 6 months ago. They ended up charging me with Possession of Marijuana, even though i technically didnt have it but I had residue in the grinder and bowl.

What i was wondering is if i could get the charge knocked down to possession of perphernilia (sp?). I can't afford to get my license suspended. I need a way to work and school. This is my first drug charge. I had a drunk in public about 4 years ago but it was taken off my record because i complied with everything the court wanted me to do. So technically, my record is clean.

I'm also only 18 years old. I felt like the police took advantage of that fact. I didn't know what to do. i shouldnt have let them search my house, but i was scared.

What should i do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Virginia allows a deferred prosecution for first offenders. I don't know if your previous offense takes that off the table. You need a lawyer. I'm also not sure that a paraphernalia won't also trigger the license suspension. It's also still possible that you may get charged with heroin distribution.

LNOTTO1004

I'm not going to be getting any charges related to heroin my friends were lying about me selling them dope so they could save themselves from higher charges. It didnt work because since i dont do it, i didn't have anything that had something to do with heroin

Isis1

I'm not going to be getting any charges related to heroin my friends were lying about me selling them dope so they could save themselves from higher charges. It didnt work because since i dont do it, i didn't have anything that had something to do with heroin
you defintely need an attorney and a new set of friends.

FlyingRon

The fact that you didn't do it won't stop you from getting charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">