• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malbiz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

i was at a hotel parking lot waiting for a friend, and i had 4 grams of marijuana in my pocket, i was standing outside my car waiting, then a security guy approached me and started asking me questions thinking i was going to steel my car, i told him some stupid story because i was nervous, he knew i was lying, he search me, i had a knife in my pocket, and he could feel a bag of marijuana in my sweater, he called the cops, i got arrested, this is my first offense other than truancy, i have to go to court next week, im 21, i dont have a job, and i dont go to school,What are the chances I will go to jail?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Jail is a possibility, but with a fairly clean record you probably can get probation w/drug treatment on a first offense, under 2 ounce possession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">