• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POSSESSION of MARIJUANA CHARGES?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetthing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
My 17 yr. old daughter was at a friends apartment. Her friend had pot pipes on a table. Due to the smell in the building the police came to her friend's apartment. When they came to the door and saw the pot pipes they questioned both girls. They both admitted to smoking pot. The pipes and pot was her friends, which her friend admitted but because my daughter was smoking it she is also being charged $222 for possession of pot and another $222 for possession of drug paraphenalia. Is this right?

Sounds lucky to me. I spent a night in jail, on my birthday, for less then a gram of weed found in my car. so, count your lucky stars your state isn't oppressive and bias against pot smokers and pay the citations.

djevans

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
My 17 yr. old daughter was at a friends apartment. Her friend had pot pipes on a table. Due to the smell in the building the police came to her friend's apartment. When they came to the door and saw the pot pipes they questioned both girls. They both admitted to smoking pot. The pipes and pot was her friends, which her friend admitted but because my daughter was smoking it she is also being charged $222 for possession of pot and another $222 for possession of drug paraphenalia. Is this right?
you need to have your daughter learn the rules of the law. I found the best bet would be to get the DVD from Never Get Busted Again | Save Thousand in Legal Fees

You never ever ever open the door for a cop. If a cop had a legal reason to be there he would break down the door. I repeat - NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR A POLICE MAN. If you open the door, they can do what is called a tap and rap - which basically they buster there way into your home, and then it all goes down hill from there.

All you have to say when a cop comes is, I do not open the door for police. If you have a warrant, please break down the door. Other then that, you will be perfectly safe. If they decide to enter your home with out a warrant you can fight it in court.

Some Random Guy

You never ever ever open the door for a cop. If a cop had a legal reason to be there he would break down the door. I repeat - NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR A POLICE MAN.
Or, alternately, just stop committing crimes and you won't have to live your life in fear of the police and act like a jerk whenever you see one.

you need to have your daughter learn the rules of the law. I found the best bet would be to get the DVD from Never Get Busted Again | Save Thousand in Legal Fees

You never ever ever open the door for a cop. If a cop had a legal reason to be there he would break down the door. I repeat - NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR A POLICE MAN. If you open the door, they can do what is called a tap and rap - which basically they buster there way into your home, and then it all goes down hill from there.

All you have to say when a cop comes is, I do not open the door for police. If you have a warrant, please break down the door. Other then that, you will be perfectly safe. If they decide to enter your home with out a warrant you can fight it in court.
Good advice. But dont be like... "oh no copper i'm not falling for that" then they might get the warrent, be back to trash your place. warrents are givin out like candy when asked nice enough. .

and to the above poster. us pot smokers are not braking a law, were excercizing our right to liberty and the persuit of happiness. capitilist red tape is opressing us and sending us to jail. and i for one am praying for the day I can smoke my weed in peace, and not be judged, by you alcohalics and ciggarette smokers.

Some Random Guy

Good advice. But dont be like... "oh no copper i'm not falling for that" then they might get the warrent, be back to trash your place. warrents are givin out like candy when asked nice enough. .

and to the above poster. us pot smokers are not braking a law, were excercizing our right to liberty and the persuit of happiness. capitilist red tape is opressing us and sending us to jail. and i for one am praying for the day I can smoke my weed in peace, and not be judged, by you alcohalics and ciggarette smokers.
Occasionally its nice to see proof that pot does rot your brain. Either that, or english is not your native tongue.

ERAUPIKE

Yes, you are breaking the law. The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness does not include being able to do whatever you please. I fail to see the connection between our economic foundations and the rights we posses as citizens. Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment of profits gained in a free market. I pray for the day that I am not judged for enjoying my legal alcohol and cigarettes by criminals and drug addicts.

ERAUPIKE

They can enter if they have probable cause to enter, like the odor of illegal drugs pouring out the door.

I am not sure why you think that because you posted some stupid questions about the legal search of your car and subsequent arrest, you are now qualified to give advice. Your advice is poorly written, unfounded, and deceptive. How would you have felt if you had gotten advice from a bunch of drug addicts that have no clue what they are talking about on your own thread. If you can stay sober long enough to contemplate this situation, you may find it in the best interest of those seeking answers to stop giving your poor advice in this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">