• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana in Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bkilpat

i was behind my work in my car with 2 other co-workers smoking marijuana. the cops pulled up and ordered us out of the car, i was in drivers seat, the passenger and i had no drugs on us. the person who had the drugs was in the back seat and admitted that it was his to the cops. but we all got arrested for possesion of marijuana and where taking to jail and released after we where ticketed and fingerprinted.

so my question is....how could i get the same charge as someone with the drugs if the cops never actually saw me smoking?

they said i could get a suspended drivers license because the person was in my car with drugs.

does this sound right? i have a lawyer but he told me to plead guilty and hope for a restricted liscense and anit- drug classes.

i have no previous record, any advice would greatly help me out.

thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">