• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana and Paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kylep6190

I was recently arrested in Maryland. We where pulled over for throwing a cigarette butt out the window, and when the cop came up to the car he smelt marijuana and asked if there was anything he should know about before he searched the car. My friend told him he had a bag of marijuana and handed it to him, as well as a roach. The officer then arrested him and asked me and the other 2 people in the car to step out. They searched us and found nothing, then proceeded to search the car. I was in the back seat along with another person. The officer found a bag of marijuana in the back on the floor in between the seats. The person who was sitting next to me admitted it was his, which it was. The officer then handcuffed us, questioned us, and brought us down to the station. We where all charged with possession of a cds - marijuana and paraphernalia for the cigar that the marijuana was rolled in. None of the marijuana in the car was mine, and I didn't smoke any of it. The person who admitted to having the roach had just barely lit it before the cop pulled us over. Will I be able to get out of the charge considering I had nothing on me, have no record, and all of the marijuana in the car was admitted to being had by the other 2 people? If not, what might my punishment be? I know the max is 1 year/$1,000, but I really doubt they will give a full time student first offender the maximum sentence, or any jail time at all. I am 18 years old.

tranquility

Just because it wasn't yours, doesn't mean you weren't in possession. From what you've posted, you are guilty.

Take any deal the DA gives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">