+ Reply to Thread
    rey4061 Guest

possession of marijuana pipe only

What is the name of your state? Iowa

My fiance is threatening to call the cops on me for possession of a marijuana pipe. I have no pot in my possession but the pipe does have residue in it and I'm sure it has my finger prints on it since we used it at a party. We have a 11 month old kid and I haven't smoked for a long time. Is this something I can get in trouble for?

Oh, in case you're wondering why I don't just get rid of it... She took it and I don't know where she hid it so if she did ever call the cops, she'd probably do it to surprise me and put it back in my drawer just before the cops got there. I looked up that the fine for possession of any amount of marijuana is 0-6 mo in prison, $2500 fine. However, I do not have the drug, just the pipe.

Please respond..
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rey4061
    What is the name of your state? Iowa

My fiance is threatening to call the cops on me for possession of a marijuana pipe. I have no pot in my possession but the pipe does have residue in it and I'm sure it has my finger prints on it since we used it at a party. We have a 11 month old kid and I haven't smoked for a long time. Is this something I can get in trouble for?

**A: Yes, and if you do not believe it, call the police and ask them.

Oh, in case you're wondering why I don't just get rid of it... She took it and I don't know where she hid it so if she did ever call the cops, she'd probably do it to surprise me and put it back in my drawer just before the cops got there. I looked up that the fine for possession of any amount of marijuana is 0-6 mo in prison, $2500 fine. However, I do not have the drug, just the pipe.

Please respond..
    **A: and hello, the drug is in the pipe in the form of residue.
    VR_Hunter is offline Member
    Sounds like you have a problem. The fingerprints and the residue aside, your "Fiance" is blackmailing you and stealing from you.

Tell you what. Kick her out of the trailer. Search said trailer for missing pipe. If you do not find the pipe, your free and clear. Just don't let her back in.
    calatty is offline Senior Member
    In most, if not all, states, possessing drug paraphernalia is illegal, but usually a misdemeanor. To prosecute for possession of the drug itself, the drug has to be in a "usable" quantity. Residue does not qualify.
    echo7580 is offline Junior Member

Laws in Alabama

Hey there, I have been thru this twice before. If your fiance places the pipe back into the house, and calls the cops, there is two people that will go into jail. In the state of Alabama, you and your fiance will both go. Because it is in possession of the both of you. May I ask why she is doing this, seeing how she is your fiance?
    J.R. Brown
    cracker is offline Member
    Possesion of paraphanalia is a higher misdemeanor than possesion of marijuana. But it is still just a misdemeanor. I doub't your city or county is going to take the time to fingerprint a bowl. And you are not going to jail for having a bowl in your house, you will get a ticket, go to court, pay a fine and have it on your record. (your girlfriend too)
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    This thread is over 4 years old. Please watch the dates!