• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of marijuana, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colebuck

What is the name of your state? Kentucky. But this happened in Tennessee. My son who is 18 was a passenger and the driver was doing 90 in a 70 to get to a concert in Nashville, TN. Needless to say they were pulled over. They had approx. 4 grams of marijuana in the car and my son stuffed it in his pocket. They thought they were just going to get a speeding ticket when the officer noticed a small piece of marijuana on my son's leg. My son gave the marijuana to the officer and the officer searched his billfold and found rolling papers. He was given a citation for possesion and paraphenalia (sorry don't know how to spell that) and was told to appear in court 6-20-07. The driver admitted to nothing even though my son wrote a statement and signed it that the driver had originally bought the marijuana and they were splitting the bag and that it was both of theirs. The driver is now saying it was not his and is going to try to get out of all of it except for the speeding ticket, he was given a possesion citation too. What can we expect his sentence to be. My son unfortuately was arrested in 2006 in the state of Kentucky for DUI while moving his truck out of a driveway into a yard to park it . He moved it 15 ft and parked it and a cop pulled up behind him and was ultimately arrested for DUI. We tried to fight it but to no avail and it was finally resolved 12-06. He lost his license til he turned 18 in Feb. Will the DUI have any bearing on the possesion charge. Will they be able to bring that up in court in Tennessee and consider this his second offense? He is going to graduate high school in May and has already signed a baseball scholarship to play college baseball with a school. He has maintained 3.75 throughout high school and is a very good kid, he just gets caught at everything he does no matter what even though every other kid in school is doing the same thing he is doing they just never seem to get caught. He is not a druggie or big drinker, he's just a typical teenager with severely bad luck. Please advise if this is going to be considered his second offense. The DUI in KY and the possesion and paraphenalia in TN? Will they link those together? What kind of sentence can we expect and what should we do. I think getting a lawyer would be a good idea, so we are most likely going to do that. But what can we expect sentence wise? And can this be gotten off his record in the future so he won't have to put it on job applications. I already think he has ruined any chance at getting financial aid due to they ask you if you have ever been arrested or cited for possesion. Thank you so much for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">