• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana in Wyoming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevebcolorado

Colorado Resident/ Wyoming violation
I received a ticket for Possession of marijuana while in Wyoming in 2003. I never went to court on the matter. I live in Colorado.
I was told by a friend that they would have thrown it out after 7 years. Is this true? Or, should I try to resolve this issue. I was told the fine would be around $1,000. I can't afford to pay that, but also can't afford to be in jail as I have a family and employment that would be lost if I did that.
If I continue to ignore it and not go in to Wyoming, what are the possible ramifications of that?

If you never made a court appearance, then unless their was a court filing error, you probably have a warrant out. Warrants do not expire or go away ever. You should call the WY court and find out if you have a warrant if you don't know. If you have a warrant it's best to deal with it before it deals with you at some point down the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">