• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of MJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmr263

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Ok so a couple days ago me and my friend were coming back from Burger King when he had a tail light out. An officer pulled us over and was talking to us about the tale light and out of nowhere asked if we had any illegal substances in our possession. My friend said yes giving the cop probable cause to search us and i knew he was going to, so after my friend had given the officer his pot i reach in my pocket and gave him mine, i had a little under 1/8 of an ounce on me. The officer proceeded to search the car and all that, and while searching me, he told me that if i hadn't given him my pot and he had searched me and found it i would've whent to jail. I thought i was in the clear, but then he told me he was gonna write us each a court summons. Me and my friend were calm about it and used our best behavior. I'm 18 so it's gonna haunt me on my record, I've decided to change my ways and not mess with pot anymore. I figure i will get drug tested at the trial which is scheduled for may 29th, and i know i'll pas that. I just want to know what to expect and what i should do, and is there any chance of the charges getting dropped. This is haunting me and driving me insane i know the max fine in this state is 500 and max jail time is 30 days. I haven't even told my mother about the incident because i don't know how she'll react. Basically i need all, and any advice possible.

ish_elokim

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My friend said yes giving the cop probable cause to search us and i knew he was going to, so after my friend had given the officer his pot i reach in my pocket and gave him mine, i had a little under 1/8 of an ounce on me.

Just curious, what possesed you to admit to the drugs? Were you high at the time?!:confused:

tmr263

Yeah I'm still pretty mad about him over that, because i fear this charge on my record is going to hurt me down the road when i'm looking for careers. Another thing is, I'm thinking of joining the military, with this on my record, will it prevent me from joining the military?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">