• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of paraphanelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

omega350

Today me and my friend were pulled over for not having a license plate on the front of the car and when the cop was talking to us he saw some zig zags in the car. I am 19 years old and they are not illegal. The cop asked if he could search the car and we said yeah. The cop ended up finding a pipe on me but never found any marijuana. They are sending the pipe to a lab to get it tested for thc. If/when it comes back positive what is gonna happen? Also, did the cop have reasonable cause to search the vehicle or will the pipe get thrown out as evidence. Please respond as soon as possible, I have never been arrested before and i am really scared. Thanks. Oh yeah, I am 19 years old and I live in North Dakota. my email address is [email protected]

J

JH

Yes, they can use the pipe as evidence. You told them they could search the car. Next time, just say no. Usually, if they have to ask for permission, they do not have reasonable cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">