• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession/Paraphanelia in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

expert01

What is the name of your state? Colorado

The police just came in my house and took my friend's weed and pipes/bong. They claimed there was a noise complaint, but we were the only ones here and the TV was just loud enough to hear. We think his ex-girlfriend called them and gave a false complaint. (background: my name is not on the lease, but I was the one that answered the door. Weed was third roommates, not their, pipes and bong were another friend's who left right before the police arrived). I opened the door (pricks were standing there with their hands on their guns) and asked what they wanted. They said there was a noise complaint, then they said they smelled weed. They asked if they could search the house, but my roommate started walking towards the door, so I told them that I had better ask him. He kept telling them that they could not search the apartment, but then they said they smelled weed and had reasonable suspicion, then they came inside. They gave us both tickets for paraphanelia and possession (it was one-half of an eighth). Neither of us has a criminal record.

How is this going to go on our record (will it impact future job applications)? What kind of fine is typical in this case? There were 2 pipes and one bong, and a grinder, does that mean we will each get four counts of posession? Can I claim that it's not mine and will that hold up? Would it be better for one of us to plead guilty for posession and the other for paraphanelia?

What steps should we take to get out of this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">