• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession and paraphernalia in Ohio, need help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

90sj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Myself and 2 friends were all charged with possession and paraphernalia (MM and M4, respectively). We all pled not guilty.

The first friend (I'll call him James) unfortunately had to go court this morning and the other 2 of us don't go till next week.

James got a lawyer and his outcome was: charges dropped, $500 fine, 80hrs community service, 1 year probation.

I, however, cannot afford a lawyer and am thinking towards getting a court appointed one.

What am I looking at here? Do I need to barrow money or take out a loan to get a lawyer? Or can I obtain the same outcome with a court appointed one?

Little background information. All 3 of us live together and currently attend The Ohio State University. We are all either 21 or 22. All clean records except I have an open container from last summer of 2008.

Myself and the other friend have the same court date next week with a 2 hour difference in time.

Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">