• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of a Roach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trozzell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Plainfield Indiana

I am a mental health counselor providing sustance abuse counsling for adolescents, it requires me to pickup the clients in my car and take them to a location like McDonalds or Libraty and transport them back, A state trooper stopped me because he said I wasn't wearing my seat belt but I was, he then stated that my car smells like pot and he had to search me, he searched my car and found a roach, and arrested me, he said my license was suspended but I have documen tation from BMV that it is and has been valid, he found a pack of rolling paper which belongs to a friend and old man who rolls his cigs, I take him out from time to time, I have clean drug screens which I paid for myself, and my boss at the counseling agency wrote me a letter explaining the details of my job, I am 46 yrs old with no criminal record, the state trooper snatched a card out of my hand after a deputy sheriff gave me permission to call my girlfriend, the number was on the card, I requested to him repeatedly not to call my girlfriend but he did anyway, can I get this thown out of court?

justalayman

why was there a roach in your vehicle? You usually don't end up with a roach unless somebody was smoking pot.

that is probably the most damning evidence against you.

enjoimx

Why did he call your girlfriend? What does that have to do with anything other than it was rude of him and possibly illegal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">