• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of Syringe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linda Reed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My grandson was arrested for 1. Unlawful Possession of Syringe knowingly posses syringe with intent to violate this" (Class 6 Felony)
2. Dealing in Paraphernalia-introducing into the Human Body-knowing Violation (Misdemeanor)
3. Driving while suspended (prior w/in 10 years
(Misdemeanor)
He has a pretrial that he missed so they denied him a court appointed attorney. He has no other drug charges but has had driving while suspended.
He has another pretrial set for Sept. 21st. Help what should he do? Does he really need an attorney. We are poor and really cannot afford one.
He is working but pays child support on 3 kids, 3 different women. Love the kids but wow. He goes to work daily, pays his child support and car payment and then he is broke. I am 68 years old and don't have money to help. What do we need to do? What is probably going to happen in court on the 21st?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My grandson was arrested for 1. Unlawful Possession of Syringe knowingly posses syringe with intent to violate this" (Class 6 Felony)
2. Dealing in Paraphernalia-introducing into the Human Body-knowing Violation (Misdemeanor)
3. Driving while suspended (prior w/in 10 years
(Misdemeanor)
He has a pretrial that he missed so they denied him a court appointed attorney. He has no other drug charges but has had driving while suspended.
He has another pretrial set for Sept. 21st. Help what should he do? Does he really need an attorney. We are poor and really cannot afford one.
He is working but pays child support on 3 kids, 3 different women. Love the kids but wow. He goes to work daily, pays his child support and car payment and then he is broke. I am 68 years old and don't have money to help. What do we need to do? What is probably going to happen in court on the 21st?
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/victim/crimpro.htm

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/substnce/selec.htm

justalayman

honestly, why would you bother helping when there is this:

He has a pretrial that he missed so they denied him a court appointed attorney
if he isn't going to do what it takes to help himself, why should anybody else make an effort to help him.

but as to help; the first thing is he needs to get off drugs. That is obviously what got him into this pickle.

the next thing is he shows up at the next pre-trial and makes a request for an attorney.

and yes, I would strongly suggest he has an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">