• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession Ticket By Mail??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nwprg

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

One night a buddy and me were pulled over and he had a warrant for his arrest so the cops took him to jail. They searched the vehicle and told me to stand in front of the car. After the cops finished searching the car, one of them came to me and searched me, finding no marijuana on me i was released and went home. Later i received a ticket via mail for small amount possession of marijuana. The cops found nothing on me. Later that month i was driving home and the cop that pulled us over followed me to my house and when i got out of my car told me to come talk to him so i did and he brought up the night with my friend saying i ditched my bag on the ground and they found it so i will be getting a ticket in the mail. I have a few questions about this, since the cops found nothing on me when they searched me will this ticket hold up in court? I just turned 18 so i don't want this following me. what will the likely out come be if i go to court in scott county minnesota? Should i contact a lawyer or use the one appointed to me by the county? Any information or replies to this would be great. Need any clarification just ask. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">