• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession and trafficking at 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haileyp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Me and a friend were smoking a blunt in a parking lot when a cop came up on us. We were in my friends car, me being in the passenger seat and him in the drivers. The cop pulled us out of the car and searched it. He found four grams of weed bagged up under the drivers seat. He then searched me and found that i had $295 in my wallet. Neither of us owned up to the weed under the seat so we both got charged with possession and trafficking.

My friend is 20 and the cop basically told me he was screwed and his car was taken.

I am however 17 but my birthday is in September (this happened in june). The cop told me if i didn’t pursue my money he would drop my trafficking charge and id only have possession as a minor.

We then were informed by my lawyer the court worker is who decides what i get charged for, and they might charge me as an adult.

What is the likely outcome for me?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Me and a friend were smoking a blunt in a parking lot when a cop came up on us. We were in my friends car, me being in the passenger seat and him in the drivers. The cop pulled us out of the car and searched it. He found four grams of weed bagged up under the drivers seat. He then searched me and found that i had $295 in my wallet. Neither of us owned up to the weed under the seat so we both got charged with possession and trafficking.

My friend is 20 and the cop basically told me he was screwed and his car was taken.

I am however 17 but my birthday is in September (this happened in june). The cop told me if i didn’t pursue my money he would drop my trafficking charge and id only have possession as a minor.

We then were informed by my lawyer the court worker is who decides what i get charged for, and they might charge me as an adult.

What is the likely outcome for me?
If you already have a lawyer (which is smart of you, by the way), you should ask your lawyer this question. He will know far better than any of us here what might happen to you with the drug charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">