• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession Under An OZ.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shizzo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California....

hi my question is that i recently got a possession of marijuana under an oz ticket and i was wondering what to expect when i goto court (this is my first drug offense). But my question is im already on summary probation (for a different matter) and how is this ticket going to affect me sense im on probation already. and what should i do? i dont have money to hire an attorney

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California....

hi my question is that i recently got a possession of marijuana under an oz ticket and i was wondering what to expect when i goto court (this is my first drug offense). But my question is im already on summary probation (for a different matter) and how is this ticket going to affect me sense im on probation already. and what should i do? i dont have money to hire an attorney
It is going to negatively effect your probation. There is not a chance that you did not violate the terms of your probation by possessing marijuana. You can expect to be held accountable for your actions at your court appearance. Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor charge with a fine of $100. The VOP charge you are likely to receive will result in a harsher penalty and possibly any jail time you would have been subject to at your initial hearing.

CdwJava

If your probation is for a more serious offense, it is possible that your probation will be revoked. The marijuana possession (H&S 11357(b)) does not hold any jail time, so if you stand a chance of going to jail it will be as a result of time remaining on your original charge.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">