• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charles20212

Hello here is my case,

My buddy and I was driving and we we're pulled over by the police in Farmington Hills MI. The officer smelled weed in the car and asked if we had some. I told him yes me( it was a hakf join) but so instead of taking me me to jail he offered me a deal. He told me if I tipped his detective off on where I buy my weed he wouldn't give me a ticket. So the guy never called me and now I have a warrant for my arrest for posession with intent to sell even though it was a half joint. What are my options here I was thinking if I got my medical marijuana card would they be able to drop the charges

FlyingRon

You need an attorney. There is more here than what you are saying. You were not charged with distribution, which is a felony, for the mere possession of a joint. Your medical card is not a "get out of jail free" card on this charge. Distribution is still a felony even if you have a card.

charles20212

Come one now that sounds good but think about what your saying I can get a bag of weed for 10 and the lawyer I talked to said he wanted 5000, two totally different worlds

LeeHarveyBlotto

Come one now that sounds good but think about what your saying I can get a bag of weed for 10 and the lawyer I talked to said he wanted 5000, two totally different worlds
How much money would you have if you banked all the money you've wasted on crap like this and other bad financial decisions?

TigerD

If you can't afford a lawyer, you can't afford weed.
He should contact the public defender if he does not have the money to hire an attorney.

The OP should also think carefully before becoming a rat. In some place the consequences are far more severe than doing a bit for drug possession.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">