• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession in WYO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soolas

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

I'm a Mass. resident busted for possession of marijuana (about a 1/2 ounce) driving through laramie county, wyoming a couple days ago. this is my first charge

I got a ticket for a court date in may but don't know what i should do in the mean time.
do i need a lawyer?

will this incident effect my auto insurance?

and when the cop wrote me my tickets he gave me one for crossing the white line on the highway and one for possession, but he wrote the warning for crossing the white line on my California license (moving from there back to mass) and then wrote me up for possession on my massachusetts license which i thought was invalid...can he do that?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You don't indicate what you were specifically charged with (posession of what/how much?). However, Wyoming doesn't really have very leniant drugs laws even for small amounts of pot, so yeah you need a lawyer, both for the severity of the crime and the fact that you probably want to minimize the number of trips to Wyoming you're going to have to make.

I don't understand how it is that you have multiple licenses and ones for states you are not a resident of, but it really doesn't make any difference to the charges. A criminal charge is not levied against a license it's levied against a person, you.

The drug charges aren't going to affect your insurance, but the moving violation will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">