• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesstion of a controlled substance shedule IV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastaljia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Last month I tried to commit suicide by overdosing on prescription drugs. The police found me in time and I was saved. Recently they charged me with possesstion of a schedule IV substance (Klonopin). I recieved this medicine through an acquantance with one thing on my mind...suicide. I am bi-polar and have been in and out of psychiatric units since I was 14, I am now 35. This was my 6th or 7th time trying to commit suicide in the last 3 years. I reside in Tazewell County. I did not take this medication and they searched my house without the consent of anyone. What type of punishment am I looking at. I guess I should mention I am currently on Court Supervision twice over for Battery. Please help. I hold a state professional license and am at risk of loosing everything I have worked for.

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer.

Sched IV possession is a class 3 felony. You can get 2-5 years (fortunately no statutory minimum). You can also have your probation revoked and jailed on the previous charge.

I'd be more concerned with your repeated criminal activity and your grave psychiatric problems than state licensure.

dave33

Again, you need a lawyer. From the legal aspect, I would certainly be concerned with the past battery charges especially if you are on probation. Maybe try and turn this situation into something that will benefit your emotional well-being. Explain situation to attorney and see if he knows of any state funded help. goodluck.

nastaljia

The 2 battery charges arose between my boyfriend and me. I was defending myself. I am currently taking classes at the center for prevention of abuse due to his abuse. I live in a community that is all about the men and to hell with the women and my boyfriend is related to half of the town. Literally. He did say he would testify as to the battery charges and not againest me. H tried to get them dropped both times.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Last month I tried to commit suicide by overdosing on prescription drugs. The police found me in time and I was saved. Recently they charged me with possesstion of a schedule IV substance (Klonopin). I recieved this medicine through an acquantance with one thing on my mind...suicide. I am bi-polar and have been in and out of psychiatric units since I was 14, I am now 35. This was my 6th or 7th time trying to commit suicide in the last 3 years. I reside in Tazewell County. I did not take this medication and they searched my house without the consent of anyone. What type of punishment am I looking at. I guess I should mention I am currently on Court Supervision twice over for Battery. Please help. I hold a state professional license and am at risk of loosing everything I have worked for.
I am very confused here, you say you tried to commit suicide by overdosing on drugs, but you didn't take the drugs:confused:

What kind of state professional license do you hold?

DAD09

State Licensure

Depending on the type of license you hold-most states are concerned with violations of integrity/moral turpitude (example shoplifting). If you have a script from a Doctor for the clonazapem your fine- if not you would probably want to consult an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">