• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Controlled Buy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jason26

What is the name of your state? Washington State

ok heres the deal my buddy called his friend the other night and asked if he or anyone he knew wanted to buy some mushrooms his buddy said indeed he would be interested so over the course of 2 or 3 conversations the next 2 hours or so they were trying to figure out a convenient place to meet since both my buddy and his friend were both at friends houses so anyways my buddies friend indicated over the phone that wanted at least 1 of the ounces of mushrooms and said he would trade part cash and part crystal or all cash or all crystal whatever my buddy wanted so anyway my buddies friend came to my buddies house that night with 2 other people a guy and a girl all same age as my buddy or so 28-30 at around 11:30 P.M his friend brought a scale and they went into a shed outside my buddies house and my buddy let his friend weigh out 2 ounces of mushrooms and they agreed on $60 cash and $60 in crystal in exchange for the 2 ounces of mushrooms so my buddies friend asked if he could take the 2 ounces of mushrooms and bring him the crystal and cash later he said yeah no problem so later that night my buddies friend called my buddy and said the his friend josh that brought him to my buddies house erlier would bring him his Crystal (since the mushrooms were actually for my buddies friends friend so later around 3 AM the guy shows up at my buddies house with $60 in crystal gives it to my buddy and said he will get with him about the rest the next day so that guy called my buddy the next day and my buddy told him for the remainder $60 he would take $20 cash and $40 in crystal so the guy shows up at my friends house with $20 cash and my buddy asked the guy if he had any luck getting rid of the mushrooms and the guy said he was about to go sell 1/8th right then and showed my buddy an 1/8th and said after that he would get back with my buddy and give him $40 or $40 in crystal so my buddy said he would take $40 in crystal so the next day that guy calls my buddy and says ok i have the dizzle and showed up at my buddies house and gave my buddy the crystal he owed him my buddy asked the guy if wanted to smoke some and so my buddy smoked some with the guy they talked for a couple minutes and the guy left

for some reason my buddy is totally freaked out about the situation and wants to know if by any chance this was a controlled buy?

And if so will this bring one charge or multiple charges since it was all one deal really

Last edited:

G

Gevalia

I see nothing to indicate that anything about that entire exchange was "controlled".

CdwJava

Wow! What a dramatic life! Drugs ... sales ... secret meets ... :rolleyes:

Good luck. With these friends you won't stay free for too long. Don't be surprised when you get rolled up right with all these guys.

- Carl

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? Washington State

ok heres the deal my buddy called his friend the other night and asked if he or anyone he knew wanted to buy some mushrooms his buddy said indeed he would be interested so over the course of 2 or 3 conversations the next 2 hours or so they were trying to figure out a convenient place to meet since both my buddy and his friend were both at friends houses so anyways my buddies friend indicated over the phone that wanted at least 1 of the ounces of mushrooms and said he would trade part cash and part crystal or all cash or all crystal whatever my buddy wanted so anyway my buddies friend came to my buddies house that night with 2 other people a guy and a girl all same age as my buddy or so 28-30 at around 11:30 P.M his friend brought a scale and they went into a shed outside my buddies house and my buddy let his friend weigh out 2 ounces of mushrooms and they agreed on $60 cash and $60 in crystal in exchange for the 2 ounces of mushrooms so my buddies friend asked if he could take the 2 ounces of mushrooms and bring him the crystal and cash later he said yeah no problem so later that night my buddies friend called my buddy and said the his friend josh that brought him to my buddies house erlier would bring him his Crystal (since the mushrooms were actually for my buddies friends friend so later around 3 AM the guy shows up at my buddies house with $60 in crystal gives it to my buddy and said he will get with him about the rest the next day so that guy called my buddy the next day and my buddy told him for the remainder $60 he would take $20 cash and $40 in crystal so the guy shows up at my friends house with $20 cash and my buddy asked the guy if he had any luck getting rid of the mushrooms and the guy said he was about to go sell 1/8th right then and showed my buddy an 1/8th and said after that he would get back with my buddy and give him $40 or $40 in crystal so my buddy said he would take $40 in crystal so the next day that guy calls my buddy and says ok i have the dizzle and showed up at my buddies house and gave my buddy the crystal he owed him my buddy asked the guy if wanted to smoke some and so my buddy smoked some with the guy they talked for a couple minutes and the guy left

for some reason my buddy is totally freaked out about the situation and wants to know if by any chance this was a controlled buy?

And if so will this bring one charge or multiple charges since it was all one deal really
Eventually someone will have a bad trip on those shrooms, do something stupid, and as a result get busted. At that point a controlled buy will be in the cards.

I don't think this one was it. It's highly doubtful the cops would waist time with these petty conversations involving bartering” front me this now and I pay you for that later" over a $120 deal.

Bretagne

In a controlled buy, the narc is an agent of the state, working for the police. I doubt that the police would allow their agent to (1) buy shrooms with crystal, and (2) smoke crystal with the future defendant. I've seen a lot of cases where the narc did drugs with the perp, but none where the narc bought one controlled substance with another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">