• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pot and Paraphenalia Possession in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bts

What is the name of your state? PA

My 18 yr old daughter was a passenger in her friend's car. They had a pipe and a 'small amount' of pot. Needless to say they got pulled over for a traffic violation and both were was arrested for marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphenalia. (I'll skip all the parental venting, but trust me, she's in big trouble at home.)

The cop told us that night that if she shows up at the hearing and basically acts remorseful, they will likely reduce the matter to the level of a disorderly conduct. He also implied that if we want to bring a lawyer and dispute the charges in any way (which I would not want to do anyway), it would not be handled so nicely.

We are going to consult a lawyer to get advice before going in, but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has advice in this situation. I just don't want to blindly go along with the cop, only to have her get hit with something we were unaware of.

Any comments are appreciated.What is the name of your state?

bts

that's it?

That's the extent of the great advice? Well, you definitely get what you pay for here.

FlyingRon

What do you want us to say? You can't put any reliance on the cop. The cop isn't the one that's going to make the decision on your case, the ADA is. A lawyer, familiar with the court involved, is his best idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">