• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-trial intervention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intervention

Florida

Hi I got caught with 22 grams of pot. Long story but it happened. I hired a good lawyer and its a first time so it was immediately was lowered to a misdemeanor so im going to be alright but heres the thing. Trial was for Nov. 6 so like an idiot i figured I wouldnt be able to smoke pot for a while so i smoked a week or so ago because it would be out of my system by then. Problem is a "pre-trial intervention" officer called me and I'm meeting him tomorow and im going on pre-trial intervention so i can have my case dismissed. Am I goign to be drug tested or what? If you know please tell me but I dont need a probably not. I can't find the answer online but I assume its like probation and they tell you 30 days in advance before the first time they drug test you then after they can randomly do it. For some reason I feel like they might test me though. Thanks for any help

The Occultist

Nobody here is psychic, so nobody here can answer your question. It is solely up to the court hearing your case. I went through deferred prosecution for possession, but I was never ever ever tested, for the rightly figured there was no need to do it. If they think you're going to be a problem (and you obviously are), they may issue a test. Sorry, but this is the best answer you're going to get from anybody not responsible for handling your case.

intervention

okay so it is a case by case thing. thats what i wanted to know, if it was mandatory for them to do it. actually i cleaned up my act and i am sort of glad it happened minus the thousands i payed for the best attorney i could get. i wasnt a heavy user but in hind sight it was about to the point where it was going to effect my life. im in college full time and work full time so there is no time for any of it anymore which is a good thing. thanks for the reply.

kassiesandra

insanity = making the same mistakes over and over yet expecting different results....

let me get this straight... you werent a heavy user, yet, you smoked pot, had 22 grams.... which is about a half oz.... and got busted..... then after you were busted... you smoked yet again!!!!????

man i went thru that, and at one point i was a full time student with a full time job.... and i call myself an addict.... HELLO??? maybe your problem is bigger than you think....

kassiesandra

okay so it is a case by case thing. thats what i wanted to know, if it was mandatory for them to do it. actually i cleaned up my act and i am sort of glad it happened minus the thousands i payed for the best attorney i could get. i wasnt a heavy user but in hind sight it was about to the point where it was going to effect my life. im in college full time and work full time so there is no time for any of it anymore which is a good thing. thanks for the reply.
OMG. and you mean to tell me that you have cleaned up your act in like what? a week?

i dotn think so

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">