• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WCU08

Residing in NC where events took place.

My grandfather recently passed away. While I was settling some of his affairs with doctors I contacted his pharmacies to let them know he had passed away and to settle any account information he had with his insurance. Durring this proccess I found out that my Aunt (my aunt is addicted to several prescription drugs as well as an alcoholic) picked up his prescription for Vicodin already once sine he had passed away.

I found out the day after I called she again went in to pick up the prescription. They contacted the police and she was arrested for unlawfully obtaining a prescription and another charge that is currently unknown to me.(one was a felony not sure on other). She has been serving probation for a DUI offense from a few years ago and has over a year and a half left on that probation. The arresting officer let her return to her house cause he felt sorry for her but informed her that she would be indicted by the grand jury when next they met.

What, if anything, will happen to her? She has had amazing luck with the justice system in NC. After 8 DUI's she was only convicted on 2, 5 of them were thrown out due to various reasons. She has refused any form of intervention by the family and insists that we are the ones with the problems. Will she see any jail time? Will she be arrested or detained at her next probation metting? As far as I know she has not contacted her PO since her arrest. She denies doing anything wrong and thinks nothing will happen to her. I think a little jail time would straighten her out but I'm afraid she might be right and nothing happen to her.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">