• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmdavis1

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I need some help! I will try and keep this as breif as possible! About three years ago, me and a friend called in some fake prescriptions for a cough syrup with codiene in it! It started with a doctor pres. it and putting like 4 refills on each bottle, then the pharmacys started getting concerned and the doctor wouldn't give anymore refills so we called a couple in, in North Carolina and once in Va, anyway, I got into a Court class and had to attend three classes a week, then as I did good, it went down to two a week, and once a week, for a year, NO postive drug tests or anything, so ALL charges were dropped. In Va, charges were filed after I started classes so VA put me on probation and I had to see an officer and take drug tests! I passed them all and have been clean for 3 years now! My husband left me for another woman, and I have been engaged to a new guy for a year now, he does not know I have done it AGAIN! (by the way, the other girl was never charged!!!) ANyway, I started seeing a new doctor who prescribed another STRONGER cough syrup and I knew not to take it, so when he would not give refills I went to different doctors, then called in one time, and the cop met me there and took my license number down and said he would be calling the doctor, the doctor is on vacation until January 5th! I am SO scared! WHY did I do this again!? I have never DONE drugs, as far as street drugs, I don't drink, WHY, WHY, WHY??? And I am a single mom with two children, and I swore I would NEVER do this again! WHat can I expect, as I am sure they will be coming for me soon! Please help! And I have been doinf good! I have been clean now since Friday night! Still having a few side effects, but am clean now! It's been 5 days now! I do not want to go to jail, or lose my kids! And if my ex finds out, I am sure he will try and get him!

HomeGuru

mmdavis1 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I need some help! I will try and keep this as breif as possible! About three years ago, me and a friend called in some fake prescriptions for a cough syrup with codiene in it! It started with a doctor pres. it and putting like 4 refills on each bottle, then the pharmacys started getting concerned and the doctor wouldn't give anymore refills so we called a couple in, in North Carolina and once in Va, anyway, I got into a Court class and had to attend three classes a week, then as I did good, it went down to two a week, and once a week, for a year, NO postive drug tests or anything, so ALL charges were dropped. In Va, charges were filed after I started classes so VA put me on probation and I had to see an officer and take drug tests! I passed them all and have been clean for 3 years now! My husband left me for another woman, and I have been engaged to a new guy for a year now, he does not know I have done it AGAIN! (by the way, the other girl was never charged!!!) ANyway, I started seeing a new doctor who prescribed another STRONGER cough syrup and I knew not to take it, so when he would not give refills I went to different doctors, then called in one time, and the cop met me there and took my license number down and said he would be calling the doctor, the doctor is on vacation until January 5th! I am SO scared! WHY did I do this again!? I have never DONE drugs, as far as street drugs, I don't drink, WHY, WHY, WHY??? And I am a single mom with two children, and I swore I would NEVER do this again! WHat can I expect, as I am sure they will be coming for me soon! Please help! And I have been doinf good! I have been clean now since Friday night! Still having a few side effects, but am clean now! It's been 5 days now! I do not want to go to jail, or lose my kids! And if my ex finds out, I am sure he will try and get him!
**A: as Nora Jones sang, "Don't Know Why?"

M

mmdavis1

Yes! Sorry!

I live in North Carolina, I would like to know what I can expect, will I get jail time, or what!?! I am starting counceling next week, she is on vacation right now! What can I expect! I Do NOT want to go to jail! I have never been in trouble before, other than three years ago, when U did the same thing! Also, my sister is addicted as well, as My mom was an alcoholic, so I know it runs in my family.

M

mmdavis1

First of all, I AM not blaming MY family, but it is a disease and it does run in my family! My moms dad and her brother as well! BUT. that is not why I am writing this, so I am not going to answer anymore stupid replies! I asked a question, and need somw advice, not someone to HIT me back down! I am there enough! Have not eaten a thing in five days, so back off!

Anyway, I have never been in trouble other than three years ago when I did the same thing! I am a tutor at my children's school, and just want to know some options here!

H

hexeliebe

First of all, I AM not blaming MY family, but it is a disease and it does run in my family!
My ass it is. It is a decision to begin alcohol and drugs just as it is a decision to stop them. And you have not yet decided that they will kill you someday.

Either because you like being high or because you're weak. Either way, until you take responsibility for your OWN actions, jail is the best place for you.

And don't even go there. I spent 2 years doing $350 worth of cocaine a week and other assorted drugs along with being an alcoholic for the rest of my life. UNTIL I decided I liked breathing more than decomposing.

Get real woman. Or get dead.

M

mmdavis1

Thanks for the GREAT advice! That's just what I needed to hear! Appreciate it!

dequeendistress

Good luck, with your new life.

Also, do not expect the same thing that happened the first time you were caught, the court will not be as lenient.

Last edited:
T

tom1979

probally another few years of probation but i think there is a chance of 11-23 1/2 months of jail time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">