• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DD22

What is the name of your state? NJ
Ok I got into some trouble last week. My best friend's Uncle is a doctor. My friend gave me a prescription written out for oxycotin and I went into the pharmacy and filled it. Well yea I got caught. The pharmacist called the Doc and the Doc told the pharmicst it was not a patient of his. So police were called and i was arrested. I was brought down to the station and got 2 charges with #1) Uttering, presenting a prescription for oxy's to be filled knowing the script was forged #2) Attempting to obtain oxycodone by fraud or forgery at pharmacy. I wasn't brought to the county jail i was able to leave the station after i was booked. Now my questions-- Is this a felony? If it is can i get it reduced to say a misdomeanor with a good lawyer? Also can i (again with an excellent lawyer) get the charges dropped to say a Conditional discharge or PTI ? AND if that is possible and all goes well can i get that exponged at the end of the proboation year or PTI ? Or am I stuck with these really bad charges? How serious is what I'm looking at? Could I go to jail? :eek: I'm 27 years old and I have never been in any kind of trouble before, no criminal record of any kind. I'm just upset and concerned that my life will be over if I have this record...I'm in Graduate School working towards my Master's degree...no job with a record. What can be done? Thanks for your time whoever awnser's my questions.:)What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

lealea1005

Sorry, but at 27, and a grad student, one would think you'd be of a maturity level capable of making better choices.

Yes, it's a felony. The number of oxycontin($$$ value) you attempted to obtain may also be considered. You need a criminal lawyer.

kjizzle

IN Florida it would be a felony on each Oxycontin pill. That means if you had 60 then that would be 60 felony charges. I know of a case where the woman who got 40 hydrocodone by fraud ( calling them in herself) was charged with 40 felony counts!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">