• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SpyBoy

I'm in NC, recently got arrested for trying to obtain a controlled substance (vicodin) with a copied script. It's my first offence, and a felony. What's my best defence? I have no criminal record, but would just like to have some sort of idea of the fines/punishment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I go to court in April. Right now I feel like a total idiot for even thinking about trying something so stupid!

L

lostinbaltimore

curious

hi just curious..i am in the same boat..how did you make out??

M

mary ray

Defense? You've admitted your guilt. Plead guilty and hope for the best.Good luck.

dfitzie001

prescription fraud

i had the same problem 12/05 in NC (xanax0. I pled guilty to a misdemeanor "obtaining controlled substance by fraud" got 6 months probation, fines, random drug testing and had to attend groups at my local social service dept. my issue now is my criminal record in nc...i can't find a job. I just contacted an attorney about "expunging" the charge but from what i read it doesn't look like the will work due to nc laws. I ruined my life basically...i wonder if move to another state (originally from Mass) will an employer look at my record in NC or in Mass only? good luck:rolleyes:

fairisfair

i had the same problem 12/05 in NC (xanax0. I pled guilty to a misdemeanor "obtaining controlled substance by fraud" got 6 months probation, fines, random drug testing and had to attend groups at my local social service dept. my issue now is my criminal record in nc...i can't find a job. I just contacted an attorney about "expunging" the charge but from what i read it doesn't look like the will work due to nc laws. I ruined my life basically...i wonder if move to another state (originally from Mass) will an employer look at my record in NC or in Mass only? good luck:rolleyes:
for goodness sake, this person posted in 2001 Check the dates and do not reactivate old posts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">