• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Fraud/Forgery 4th Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eiluj

What is the name of your state? GA
I was convicted in 1997 and 1998 in the same county of attempting to obtain a controlled substance by fraud/forgery. I received 5 years intensive probation and six months in a half-way house on one conviction and 3 years probation on the other. In November of 2005 I was arrested in another county on the same type charge and am currently out on bond for that charge. I was arrested last week in the county of my two origininal charges for the same thing again. Yes, I am nuts and I don't know what I was thinking. Not to make excuses but this is the only type of trouble I have ever been in my entire life. I've never done any other drug, not even tried pot, heck not even a cigarette. I have had mutiple medical problems and 15 surgeries for the same thing which introduced me to the painkillers years ago and I created the monster from there. It's too late now to say it, but yes I am petrified of going to prison. I need to know what I can do to try and possibly as slim as it may be to do whatever it takes to get some type of big time probation out of this. What steps can I take to really help my case. I will be able to afford a good lawyer, but not right at this time. In these counties it usually is a year or two before you get a court date so I have time to obtain good counsel. What is my best course of action?

garrula lingua

I'm sorry. I don't think you'll get another break.
But, you can try:
You best bet at looking good to the court, is a harsh rehab - lockdown, in-patient, under the guidance of a darned good atty who does a LOT of drug cases (s/he would know what programs are accepted by the Court and by Probation).

This atty is going to have to tapdance to coordinate your sentence for both cases, so that no matter what the consequences are, hopefully (for you) they run concurrent (not consecutive - one after the other).

I would spend my money on the best drug atty ASAP, not later. Don't wait.
Good luck.

garrula lingua

THAT'S why you need a darned good drug atty.

The Prosecution in each county does not, necessarily want a concurrent sentence, but a good atty can probably work it out.

You have an addiction. Your crime is non-violent. I believe most Prosecutors won't fight too hard agin a concurrent sentence.

If it's jail time, the sentencing should just state 'can be served at any penal institute' - you can combine county & prison that way.

Get a good atty & get off that poison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">