• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Fraud!! Help Please!! =( =(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noobjustice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi for all purposes this happened to my friend. My friend recently got prescribed adderall witch is a controlled substance. She was prescribed this by her doctor getting another doctor to write the prescription since her original doctor was unable to prescribe it at the time. My friend changed the mg strength on the prescription and tried to turn it in to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy gave back the prescription to her and informed her that the strength was wrong and that she would need to go to her doctor and ask them to rewrite the prescription. My friend saw her doctor and the doctor called the pharmacy and was told that the dosage was changed. The doctor asked for the prescription but my friend said the pharmacy didnt give it back. Then the doctor asked if my friend was willing to take a urine test to witch she replied she was not willing because she was afraid marijuana could found.

The doctor said she would still like to work with her and help her succeed in school and my friend still has an appointment with her coming in a month. She is very scared and not sure what will happen to her so she called her doctor the day after and said she wasnt aware she was under suspicion of a felony and she is willing to take the urine test now. But the doctor has not called her back yet. What should my friend do?!?! Will she even get in trouble at all?? What most likely will happen?!?!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

Don't "come clean". There is a right to remain silent. Use it. So should your friend. She shouldn't be talking to anyone but an attorney.

If the police ever come, don't speak to them beyond identifying information at booking.

noobjustice

We don't like BS, come clean or get lost.
whats wrong with trying to protect myself? No i will not come clean and no I will not get lost. I would just like to get some quality free advice. Free advice not at the cost of loss of protection.

If you would like to help a scared adult child with some advice than i would love it and be very appreciative. If you would not like to than you can get lost

Last edited:

Antigone*

whats wrong with trying to protect myself? No i will not come clean and no I will not get lost. I would just like to get some quality free advice. Free advice not at the cost of loss of protection.

If you would like to help a scared adult child with some advice than i would love it and be very appreciative. If you would not like to than you can get l
You got good advice from Tranquility.

Don't "come clean". There is a right to remain silent. Use it. So should your friend. She shouldn't be talking to anyone but an attorney.

If the police ever come, don't speak to them beyond identifying information at booking.
Aside from that, not much more we can offer. Maybe see a drug consellor.

noobjustice

well thank you very much for all the advice (except race72). Does anyone know what will possibly happen to me? I never had any thing from the police except a parking ticket

racer72

If you would like to help a scared adult child with some advice than i would love it and be very appreciative. If you would not like to than you can get lost
You want truthful advice that you can use. If you can't be truthful with a bunch of strangers that will never know who you are, you can't be truthful with yourself. People like you tend to disagree with the advice given in these forums, we see it quite often. When you start being truthful to yourself, you will find the other things in life are much simpler. Try it, you might like it.

cyjeff

There is no such thing as an "adult child".

You tried to commit prescription fraud... a felony.

You were offered an out and decided to refuse. When the police come, ask for an attorney.

Oh, and the whole lame "they didn't give it back to me" thing doesn't work. Scripts are tracked VERY closely.

mrminister

I would think as long as that script doesn't show up you'll be fine, since the crime would be forging it and they wouldn't have....well it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would think as long as that script doesn't show up you'll be fine, since the crime would be forging it and they wouldn't have....well it.
Yeah, and nobody could have made a copy and there's NO witnesses to the crime, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
well thank you very much for all the advice (except race72). Does anyone know what will possibly happen to me? I never had any thing from the police except a parking ticket
Well, if you see a drug counselor, you might get clean and actually become a productive member of society...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">