• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy of my own home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracKdicks

What is the name of your state?? pa

ok, me and friend have been in my apt. getting hi for about 2 days. Can the cops just come in here because the suspect drug use?

cracKdicks

ok so where would my buddy go for an answer then??? maybe i should of specified i wasnt directing this question towars me.... derr

>Charlotte<

Lurker
ok so where would my buddy go for an answer then??? maybe i should of specified i wasnt directing this question towars me.... derr
Umm..."your buddy" got an answer. The answer was yes. Put down the joint and/or the pipe and read, Bogart.

And...should have! Should have, should have, should have, have, HAVE. I swear this "should of, could of, would of" crap is getting ridiculous.

Derr, indeed.

tranquility

Actually, absent other facts which would make the circumstances "exigent", no the police cannot enter your house to arrest you simply because they have probable cause to believe you are committing a crime. They need a warrant or probable cause *and* exigent circumstances.

Their actions cannot be designed to create the exigent circumstances. However, the term "exigent" is a legal one with hundreds of cases defining what it means, including a community caretaking function. It is very possible an exigent circumstance can be found when a couple of people are getting high.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The problem is, absent other facts, that answer was wrong.
Well, the smoke billowing out of the windows might just qualify as "other facts".
Tranq - how do you expect to get other facts from a couple of potheads who are sitting around thinking up scenarios ("Dude, check it out - what if the hot water faucet was BLUE?!")

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Dude, check it out - what if the hot water faucet was BLUE?!
Nah, man, cuz blue is supposed to be, like, all cold and stuff? and hot is red. But what if red meant cold and blue meant hot. Or what if what I see as red, you see as blue. What if everybody had their own, like, personal per...percep....percep.....what if everybody's colors was different than everybody else's, man? That would be, like, so awesome.....reality is really freaky. Like, how do I know you don't.....ummm...wait.....what was I talking about? Got any Doritos?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nah, man, cuz blue is supposed to be, like, all cold and stuff? and hot is red. But what if red meant cold and blue meant hot. Or what if what I see as red, you see as blue. What if everybody had their own, like, personal per...percep....percep.....what if everybody's colors was different than everybody else's, man? That would be, like, so awesome.....reality is really freaky. Like, how do I know you don't.....ummm...wait.....what was I talking about? Got any Doritos?
Funny Clt -
But, seriously, you shouldn't be hanging out with the OP ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">