• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

missylee117

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My brother is a convicted felon and has been on probation for 3 years, he got busted selling meth to an under cover cop and has to pay fines and has been doing really well until recently, we think his probation is over and he is using again. anyone know if probation can last longer then 3 yrs? he said his was 6 yrs and we were wondering if it was because he had 2 convictions? I need to know if his PO will help us in determing if her is using again? I have a child to consider in this as my brother lives with me and my family.

FlyingRon

He may indeed have gotten MORE probation time as a result of the subsequent conviction. Can't tell without being there, but around here, you'd not get off with just a fine. Unless you have the disposition records of the subsequent convictions we can't say.

Frankly, what DIFFERENCE does it make. The guy has a repeated drug conviction and you know him to be doing drugs now. Send me your name and address right now and I'll call CPS on your behalf and have your child removed from this dangerous and toxic environment so you don't have to worry about offending your brother rather than doing right by the child you should be resonsible for.

missylee117

I am the orignal poster and I have taken care of the problem, thanks so much for your advise in how to handle my problem. I love my child more than anything and will not let my brother interfere with her stability. She is more important to me than he is.

I think what is more important here is my child, but calling CPS is not the answer I was looking for, you being a jerk about it doesnt help either. But all in all I was desperate for help and turned to this site for an answer, but lo and behold I solved my problem the rational way. By facing him and it is over and done with and my child will still be here. And BTW she is 17 yrs old she is not a baby.

So post your wise ass cracks someplace else, you dont know me. PPl come here for real answers not to have someone say give me your name and address so I can call CPS, I wish I could post what I really think of you right now, but its not my personality to do such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">