• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On Probation but haven't reported for 3 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IllegallyBlonde

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was convicted of possession in August 2006 and sentenced to 5 years probation, some community service and fines. I went to rehab (twice). I have relapsed and have not reported to my Probation Officer since April. I am afraid he will test me and I will fail and he will send me to prison. What can I do? I have prior convictions for drugs. Should I have an excuse? Or should I check into a detox facility and have them contact my PO?

The Occultist

You are in default of your probation, and there is likely a warrant out for your arrest. You will likely be sent to jail. You will need to contact your PO and turn yourself in ASAP or else things will get much, much worse for you.

I'm not sure what good you think checking into detox will do for you. Checking in will clearly indicate that you've gone against the terms of your probation, and after they contact the PO, he will ask how long you've been there, and there will still be no alibi for your missed meetings.

Standby as other posters may be able to offer more insight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">