• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Officer not responding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djonny

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was in the ARD program from Oct 05 until April 06. The public defender's office (who represented me initially) says it cannot procede with the expungement process until the PO closes the case. Everytime I talk with the PO I get the same response of 'you know it's going to take from 6 to 9 months to get your record expunged and I'll give you a call when it's closed'. The point is the process can't even start to take it's normal route of 6 to 9 months until they close the case. How long does it normally take to close a case? We've not even talking about filing the paperwork to the respective agencies to follow through.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

outonbail

djonny said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was in the ARD program from Oct 05 until April 06. The public defender's office (who represented me initially) says it cannot procede with the expungement process until the PO closes the case. Everytime I talk with the PO I get the same response of 'you know it's going to take from 6 to 9 months to get your record expunged and I'll give you a call when it's closed'. The point is the process can't even start to take it's normal route of 6 to 9 months until they close the case. How long does it normally take to close a case? We've not even talking about filing the paperwork to the respective agencies to follow through.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
How long were you placed on probation for? It may be that your probation period is for a longer period of time than what it took to complete the ARD program. If you were given the six month program but placed on probation for one or two years, your case will not be closed until after you have proven you can stay out of trouble for the full term of your probation period.
This would be my guess anyway. I wasn't in court when you were sentenced and everything was explained``

djonny

I only had 6 months probation which ended in April. I can't see what would be the hold up since that time to complete whatever paperwork needed. I haven't had any problems during or after probation. I complied fully with what was required of me which was attending 4 NA/AA meetings, calling my PO once a month to report no new instances of arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">