• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation revoked in two states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moondoggie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
My son was arrested on a marijuana distribution charge in Missouri, and during the same time period, also had a possession charge in Missouri, and a possession charge in Kansas. He was on probation in both states. He picked up a new charge in Missouri, and both states are now in the process of revoking his probation. He has a ten year backup sentence in Missouri, and a nine month backup sentence in Kansas (he served 60 days of the nine month sentence while he was waiting to go to court). My question is, I have heard that disposition of detainer does not apply to probation revocation, and that Kansas will place a detainer on him while he is in Missouri DOC. I have also been told that the detainer will mean he won't be allowed minimum security, and so he won't be eligible for any programs, prison jobs, educational opportunities, or anything that might help him reduce his sentence. Are both of those things true? Is there a request we can make to Kansas that would allow the time to run concurrent? And will the detainer really mean that he will do 'harder' time? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">