• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation in 2 states NY and NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

varaha53

My husband is currently serving a 60 day sentence in NY for violating probation. He was violated by his PO for not reporting. He did not report because he still had a drug problem and was fearful of the screen. He had been reporting by phone though. He went to rehab and had been going to N.A. meetings daily, he was also going to an outpatient program. He is now in danger of being violated in NJ for the same reason. I cannot see him going back to jail, he is not a criminal and he needs treatment not punishment. My 8 month old and I are in danger of losing our home because his incarcaration is preventing him from working. It's also preventing him from going to his meetings and outpatient which is what got him in trouble in the first place. I think personally that putting him in jail is counterproductive especially if he was in a treatment program and was willing to show up at probation since being clean. My family has already suffered greatly for this 60 days and I am terrified because another 60 days will surely mean that my family will never recover. Is there any way he can avoid being violated if he is already serving time in NY and he was involved in treatment before he went in??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">