• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation violation/marijuana charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

c9downs0

Colorado
I have two DWAI's. The first one was satified with classes and community service. For the second, I served home detention, classes and community service. I am still serving probation now and have been commended by my probation officer for doing well. I was riding as a passenger in a friend's truck. A policeman pulled us over and search us. Nothing was found on me. My friend, however, had a bag of pot and a pipe. The cop searched further and found more bags and another pipe. We were both sited with the same ticket--possesion of over 1 oz of marijuana and paraphernalia. The pot and the pipes were my friend's, and they were under my seat and his. They were not mine, and I was not smoking pot. What are the consequences and what is my next step?

FlyingRon

You don't have to be smoking it to be guilty of possession.

You need to do two things:

1. Report the incident to your probation officer.
2. Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">