• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation in Texas due to Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tms1982

I am on felony probation in Texas for fraudulent possession of a controlled substance - prescription. I had been doctor hopping to acquire Vicodin. I went to jail and then spent 11 months in a residential treatment facility. I got back in July, had a slip and took 2 Ultram pills from my mother-in-law. I told her what I did and I was sorry for doing something I used to do. She said she already knew I did and had pressed charges. Fast forward a month and a half later, apparently the warrant is issued and I am arrested at work. I bonded myself out and called probation the next morning. She said she was going to try and see if there was something we could work out. I spoke to probation again and she said the D.A. wants to file a motion to revoke. My probation officer said she was going to argue my case but the d.a. wasn't in the mood to hear it. I messed up but got back on track and stayed that way. At the time of the incident, I told my counselor at group, told my probation officer and started attending my aftercare group more times a week. I've also been working. Will any of this help me out in court to avoid prison time ?What is the name of your state?

mike_lee

Well, it's asinine to put you in jail in the first place. Since the system is so corrupt who can say. Everyone in this profession seems to be continually pissed off. How did you end up with such a harsh sentence in the first place? Couldn't afford an attorney and the PD sold you upriver? Part of a sting operation? I'm not a lawyer but I would strive to become a model employee and try to get some new promotion even if in name only to offset the backwards slide.

tms1982

Re:

Well, I got arrested at work and lost my job immediately due to that. I'm just not really sure what will happen. I'm supposed to go "talk" to probation Thursday @ 2. Basically, she's letting me know I'm going to get picked up there. So, I 'm trying to find any resources possible before I go. I'm trying to AVOID prison! I know, I shouldn't have screwedc up in the first place but I did, admitted it and went back to what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing. My community service is complete, I've attended all my groups and had great progress reports from there, been paying on my probation and have worked. I'm just a little nervous!

xylene

Your probation officer IS not your attorney and, while an important part of your recovery is NOT your legal advocate.

You need to be approaching this with the best legal rep you can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">