• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation for Valerian root

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josecarara

Hi i am just starting probation in Colorado, boulder county to be exact.
I was wondering I came up hot on my first UA I haven't even had my second meeting and I haven't even got my results back on the test they gave me but I smoke pot so i know it is. So i quit smoking pot but it is vary hard to sleep without so i have been taking over the counter Valerian root to help me sleep. My question is since Valerian root is what they make valum from I'm sure it will throw a false positive. My question is should i quit taking it before another test or can i tell them i am taking the sleep aid and not the prescription drug? and will i still get railed even if i explain it?

woodykas

Negative.

Valerian root is reported to cause false positives only for benzodiazepines. Ibuprofen (in very high doses), contained in Advil, Nuprin, and Mortin, can make a positive result for marijauna.

FlyingRon

Depends on what test is used. He'd be well advised to indicate to the probation officer and whoever administers the test (if not the same person) what prescription and nonprescription medication he is taking in what quantities.
It's a matter of how much money the probation department spends on these things. The 4 panels typically measure THC, Cocaine, opiates, and amphetamines. It's not until you get up to the more expensive 6 or 8 panel tests that test for benzodiazapenes. By the way, it can take two weeks for bzo to get out of your system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">