• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which program to choose: DEJ program or Prop. 36?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dips

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hello,

I was arrested last May, 2007 for possession of a controlled susbtance (Meth). The charge code was 11377(a), and this is my first offense/arrest. I had a preplea court appointment last June, 2007, but had to re-schedule for another date because we weren't able to decide which drug intervention program to choose, among other reasons.

My next scheduled court appearance will be in 4 days, and I still don't fully understand the difference between Prop. 36 and the DEJ program. My main concern is that the program should not affect my work. I intend to keep my job working full-time. The company I work for is not informed of my arrest, and I intend to keep it that way.

I would like to find out what the key differences are between Prop. 36 and the DEJ program so that I can make a more weighted decision. Please advice. Thank you so much.

- dips

dips

Which program to choose: DEJ program or Prop. 3

Do DEJ.

Use Prop 36 on your next case.

Read the statute to gain a better understanding.
Where can I find this information to read up on?

Also, why would I think that there will be another case?

Thanks, by the way.

Prop. 36 is for people who don't qualify for DEJ because of their criminal records, or because they were convicted after trial. No attorney should let you do Prop. 36 in your situation.

FlyingRon

Laura, stop dredging up 2 month old threads. Be patient, there are people along every day looking for fresh advice. Most of the others are long gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">