• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prop 36 warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissajayne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I was given prop 36 and 3 years formal probation after failing to attend PC 1000 classes. During my part 2 (for lack of a better term) assessment, I refused to give a drug test (urine) and my probation officer closed my case on the spot. I failed to show up for court after that for fear of going to jail and now I have a warrant for my arrest and I'm not sure what to do. I want to turn myself in to the court but I'm afraid of being sentenced to jail on the spot, or worse...prison time. I realize I'm in violation of my probation as I haven't reported in with my P.O. but I have no criminal record prior to this incident. Any suggestions?

CdwJava

The warrant is not going aay. If you have the funds and want to mitigate the damage, see about hiring an attorney who can help negotiate a book and release for the violation and schedule a court date for you. But, since you failed to show for court once, I suspect that the warrant wil require bail or a court appearance.

Your options are few ... become a fugitive and remain on the run, or, deal with it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">