• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pseudoephedrine law in Massachusetts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stanislav

In Massachusetts I know they only find about 1 Meth lab a year, but they still do enact the law that pharmacies must identify buyers of Pseudoephedrine and put them into a log book.

Say someone accidentally buys over the limit of 9 grams per month ONCE many months ago.

If they ever catch that person, what is the law regarding over purchase in MA?

it seems at the federal level it's a misdemeanor offense of possession of a class I chemical. But I read stories in Arkansas and Nebraska and such where they treat this as a FELONY.

So is it a felony or misdemeanor charge in MA. I can't find the answer anywhere online.

9 gram per 30 day purchase limit: DEA indicated that this is a purchase limitation to be enforced by DEA and should not be construed as a sales restriction to be enforced by retailers. This provision allows law enforcement agencies to use the Act when they find a “carload” of PSE containing products. As such, it is viewed as a tool for use by law enforcement and is not intended to be enforced by retailers through logbook checks.

Preemption: DEA is currently interpreting the interaction of the new federal law with existing state laws. The federal law stipulates that the most stringent sections of each law will be enforced. No final determination has been made and it is unclear how this would interact with local restrictions more stringent than either the federal or state provisions.

aaron, after seeing and living in an area afflicted with meth problems I applaud these laws.

Last edited:

xylene

Reality Check

Meth is made in Mexico in industrial scale labs.

The country meth cook is a mythical figure born of moral panic.

We can kid ourselves that a few losers with a Mr. Coffee scale lab are cooking up our nations meth problem...

But it is senseless. Output in grams, consumption in the tons... obviously the bulk of supply is coming from foreign countries were illegal actions are not able or willing to be combated.

Banning the sale of US pharmaceutical companies selling pseudo abroad would go ALOT further to combat meth than arbitrary restrictions on allergy medicine.

We'll do anything for those kids though. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">