• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over by police and they found my illegal prescription of suboxone pls help:(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agh1994

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was with a friend last night and we got pulled over because the cops ran his license plate and he had 2 warrants for his arrest. I also had a warrant for my arrest for a unpaid traffic ticket. The cop put me cuffs and searched me and didn't find the suboxone at the time. It wasn't until we got to the jail that they found the suboxone but they never mentioned anything about it. I spent the night in jail and they let me go the following morning. When I was being released I was gathering all my items and I noticed my suboxone laying on counter along with all my other stuff. I do not have a prescription for the suboxone and they gave it back to me without mentioning anything about. They gave me a paper telling me to appear in court to pay fine of $555 for my traffic ticket but no mention of the suboxone. Do I have something to worry about when I go to court. Will they mention the suboxone? or am I going to be okay since they gave the suboxone back and I don't think I saw anything about the suboxone on the inventory report they read back to me. Did they just let me go or did they not check if I have a legal prescription for the suboxone. I am very worried but shouldn't I be okay since they gave it the suboxone back to me? Wasn't that their only evidence of me having the suboxone? Please help I am so worried. I can't go to jail I wouldn't last :(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry, but the FA crystal ball is out for cleaning; the Magic 8 ball is broken and Madame Zuleika has not returned from her vacation. We have no way of knowing what is going to happen in the future, what if anything you will be charged with or whether or not you will be sentenced to jail.

The best way to avoid jail time is not to commit crimes.

adjusterjack

Please help I am so worried. I can't go to jail I wouldn't last :(
Oh, boo hoo. I get such a laugh out of criminals who cheerfully commit crimes and then mewl and puke when they get caught and are facing jail time.

Anyway, without the evidence I doubt if prosecution is possible.

Do you still have the suboxone in your possession? If yes, then you are being doubly stupid. Flush it or get a prescription.

FlyingRon

Understand that you are likely committing repeated felonies which doesn't bode well for you since you appear to do things that will likely cause repeated scrutiny by the police. Possibly they thought you had a prescription. Maybe they just gave you a break. Maybe they're investigating you further to see how much drug activity they can trace to you and your friends. We can't tell.

I doubt that anything is going to happen to you on your traffic ticket court date, but that doesn't mean that they aren't working on charges independently of that.

Please stop breaking the law. If they contact you about any of this (or you get arrested or charges filed) you need an attorney big time. You might consider finding one now just to be ready.

agh1994

I know I screwed up.

The suboxone was from a long time ago when I had dental work done and ended up getting addicted to hydrocodone. I feel very bad for my actions and I did flush the suboxone as soon as I left the jail. This was my first warrant and my first time ever going to jail and I don't ever want to go back. So trust me I will never have any sort of illegal medications on me. I wanted to get a prescription at the time but didn't have health insurance. My only parent couldn't afford it and I figured I would only use the 2 subs and to get off and be done with it all. I never get into trouble like this and I feel really bad about it. Thanks for the advice guys.

CavemanLawyer

There is only one drug in Texas that you can prosecuted for without a chemical test confirming the substance, and that is marihuana. If they did not seize the suboxone to have it analyzed by a lab then it is impossible for you to be prosecuted for it. Count yourself lucky this time. They either overlooked it or didn't bother with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">