• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Punishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

capricorncutie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was originally charged with 4 felonies and 2 misdemeanors.
1) Using a computer to commit a crime (1 felony count)
2) Obtaining a prescription (Vicodin) by fraud (3 felony counts)
3) Attempting to obtain a prescription by fraud (2 misdemeanor counts)

The prosecutor agreed to letting me plead to 2 misdemeanors for obtaining a prescription by fraud. I'm scared about what my sentence will be. I have never been in trouble before, not even a speeding ticket. I started rehab in November (before I was even charged) and I'm doing 4 random drug tests a month. I did come up positive 2 times for opiates, but it was determined that it was another medication that I was on (legitimately) that caused the positive. All other results have been negative. My attorney says that I'm less likely to serve jail time on these misdemeanors than I would with the felonies. I have 2 kids and I don't want to leave them. I did a self surrender on Dec. 19 and I was in jail for 6 hours. It was the worst day of my life. I'm very scared that I will have to go back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">