• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andahardplace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Louisiana

I was pulled over for and was issued a summons for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. I had a single adderall on me at the time but the officer told he wasn't worried about that one and said he was just going to take it. The next day I went to talk to his partner like he had asked. after meeting with him, he is now threatening to issue a felony charges on the adderall and issuing a warrant for my arrest. Are they able to do this in retrospect even though I wasn't originally charged with it? This is my first offense for anything.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Louisiana

I was pulled over for and was issued a summons for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. I had a single adderall on me at the time but the officer told he wasn't worried about that one and said he was just going to take it. The next day I went to talk to his partner like he had asked. after meeting with him, he is now threatening to issue a felony charges on the adderall and issuing a warrant for my arrest. Are they able to do this in retrospect even though I wasn't originally charged with it? This is my first offense for anything.
**A: yes, you don't have to be charged at the time, you can be charged at a later time. What makes you think you need to be charged first and if not charged first, the law is barred from charging you later?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">