• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Nebraska

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Medic

What is the name of your state?
Nebraska

I'm going to try and make a long story short.
5 yrs ago when I was 20 I was convicted of DUI-D, MIP, and possesion of marijuana under an ounce (during a single incident).
In the time since then I have essentially "grown up" and gotten my life together. I went back to school and got my paramedic license. I have worked full time EMS for the last 4 years and volunteered the last 3 years.
My problem is that due to the possesion (an infraction) I've (understandably) missed out on some good job opportunities.
My question is, is there any way for me to make it go away? I've got a family to support and can't do it much longer without one of those jobs. I know I messed up and have to suffer the consequences but, I'm hoping there is a way to be done with it. I'm really hoping I don't have to live with those consequences for the rest of my life.
The reality of it is that I was immature and made a series of bad decisions that led up to one event. I am now a productive and respected (but very frustrated) adult who's doing his best to not quit trying. Please help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">