• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question reguarding drug screen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MamaAR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have agreed to watch a baby taken away from DCF in the custody of someone else.

The Custodian told me DCF would do a home check, and that I would have to take a drug test.

The drug test would be taken at home, while she is here.

Is this right, I thought DCF had people go to a facility somewhere?

I do not drink or take any drugs, barely take tylonal or ibuprofen. It makes me uncomfortable to have my urine driven around and at risk to be tainted.

quincy

I have agreed to watch a baby taken away from DCF in the custody of someone else.

The Custodian told me DCF would do a home check, and that I would have to take a drug test.

I do not drink or take any drugs, barely take tylonal or ibuprofen. It makes me uncomfortable to have my urine driven around and at risk to be tainted.
You can request that the test be taken in a facility somewhere, this for the reasons you state.

Here is a link to Florida's Department of Children and Families "Screening an Assessment Tools/Protocols" that you might find informative: http://www.cffutures.org/files/publications/FL Screening-Assessment Recs FINAL_0.pdf

Last edited:

LdiJ

It probably won't be a urine test. They have these new saliva tests that they use instead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">